About using the Advanced Docking System for Qt

Andy Sardina andysardina22 at gmail.com
Sat May 2 15:50:16 BST 2020

Hi,

  There are many users who would like to have a split view in Okular.
Currently, using a QTabWidget I think implementing such a feature could be
difficult. My proposal is to start using the Advanced Docking System for Qt
<https://github.com/githubuser0xFFFF/Qt-Advanced-Docking-System> (ADS) to
replace the QTabWidget and from that point work in the split view
functionality.

In this small video ADS Integration
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DGkTZIRNopy8feW5A03wJ50IKuBAahJO> you
can see a small video of how it could look when using ADS.

Please let me know what you think!

P.S: Take into consideration that the video is just for showing the
capabilities and not the final result.