About using the Advanced Docking System for Qt

Andy Sardina andysardina22 at gmail.com
Mon May 11 20:04:15 BST 2020

Hi Albert,

One "problem" is that it seems that no distribution is packaging this at
> the moment from what i can see.

You got me there! I think no one is packing it! I came across it because
QtCreator is using it now and also the Qt Design Studio, but at least
QtCreator has its own version. They have changed the namespaces a
little bit and the library is included in the source code.

Have you tried looking at what other KDE software like for example kate do
> for their split screen functionality?

I am doing that now. I have checked the functionality in Kate, but not the
code.

Thanks for the answer!