D15580: New annotation toolbar

David Hurka noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Nov 2 23:30:14 GMT 2019

davidhurka added a comment.

  I managed to test your patch now.

  Nice to see the ToggleActionMenu working, this is what I had in mind once. Now I see that it can behave somehow weird: When e. g. Ellipsis is selected, and you select again Ellipsis from the Geometric Shape button menu, it gets deselected, like if you simply clicked the toolbar button.

  The reason is that you connect to the action group. Then you don’t know whether the menu entry or the toolbar button was clicked.

  Do you think this is weird?

INLINE COMMENTS

> simgunz wrote in shell.cpp:370
> Initially I put that action in `part.rc`, while now I moved it to `shell.rc`. This makes more sense given that the toolbar belongs to the main window somehow owns the toolbars and I create this action in `Shell::setupActions()` that makes more sense. The problem is that `setupActions` is called before `setupGUI` and `createGUI` so the toolbar does not exist yet. To solve this I have to call `toolBar( "mainToolBar" );` to force the creation of the toolbar and so be able to "bind" the KToggleToolBarAction to an existing toolbar.

This (maybe) causes one problem now. The default is to open new documents in new windows.

Open a new document with the Open action of an existing shell, so a new Okular window appears. Open the annotation toolbar in both windows. Click Hide in the second window. -> Only the annotation toolbar in the first window is closed.

BRANCH
  new-annotation-toolbar_ToggleActionMenu