Window placement

Seb seb at h-k.fr
Tue Dec 3 10:53:55 GMT 2019

Hi Yuri,

>> There is one simple thing that I couldn't find in the docs: is it
>> possible to tell Okular to open with a certain geometry (width, height,
>> x- and y-placement)? Usually this is set via a --geometry option, but
>> Okular does not recognize it. Perhaps there is another way?
>
> This does not work because Okular restores the last window size. You can
> just change its settings through ~/.config/okularrc ([MainWindow]
> section) before the start.

Thanks!

It solves the dimensions question.

The more important one for me is placement (specifically, start at +0+0).
This information does not appear in ~/.config/okularrc alas.

> There is the Window Rules module for Plasma to override these settings
> https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/kde-workspace/kcontrol/windowspecific/
> index.html

I do not use the KDE desktop.
But following this idea I made fvwm open Okular at +0+0.

Perhaps it would be worthwhile to add a --geometry option some day?

> It is also possible to change the window geometry through D-Bus
> (qdbusviewer) in the runtime.

That's a bit too far for me :-)

Kind regards,
SĂ©bastien.