Window placement

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Mon Dec 2 16:50:25 GMT 2019

понеділок, 2 грудня 2019 р. 18:30:15 EET Seb написано:
> Hi,
>

> First of all, thank you so much for Okular, this is a really awesome
> software!
>
> There is one simple thing that I couldn't find in the docs: is it possible
> to tell Okular to open with a certain geometry (width, height, x- and
> y-placement)? Usually this is set via a --geometry option, but Okular does
> not recognize it. Perhaps there is another way?
>

> Kind regards,
> Sébastien.

Hi,

This does not work because Okular restores the last window size. You can just
change its settings through ~/.config/okularrc ([MainWindow] section) before
the start.

There is the Window Rules module for Plasma to override these settings

https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/kde-workspace/kcontrol/windowspecific/
index.html

It is also possible to change the window geometry through D-Bus (qdbusviewer)
in the runtime.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri