[Ktechlab-devel] Death to QT container classes!!

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Mon May 4 20:40:49 UTC 2009

QT container classes aren't necessarily a missfeature but they're
certainly redundant to STL classes. What really is bad though is that
the QT container classes we do use are heavily missused. Most
notoriously the class QValueList is frequently missused as set class.
When this is done, there is a ton of other extremely slow, buggy code
that enforces the set property on the list...

We can do much better by converting everything to the most appropriate
STL class (which might be completely different from the current QT
container!) and exploiting the standard algorithm packages to exploit
the exceptionally good code there.

I've done some of these conversions in the past, in the most egregious
cases, I just did a few more.

Here are some tips:

--
New president: Here we go again...