[Ktechlab-devel] Wow, I actually understand the ecnode family of classes now! =P

P Zoltan zoltan.padrah at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 18:30:12 UTC 2009

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 14:59:02 +0200, Alan Grimes <agrimes at speakeasy.net>
wrote:

> Thanks to the brilliant refactoring of ecnode, I finally understand why
> ktechlab confuses wires with busses.
>
> It starts out with a network of connectors, and then goes to a network
> of connectors that carry some electrical signals, to a network of
> connectors that carries one electrical signal. When in truth, the case
> where there is only one electrical connector is NOT a special case of
> the case where there are many. The design choice to organize the code
> that way anyway is causing many headaches where container classes are
> used in place of simple pointers and the business about ktechlab
> allowing you to connect a bus to a single wire with unpredictable
> results.

  I noticed that bug some time ago, and listed it here:
http://ktechlab.org/wiki/index.php?title=User:Zolee#Known_bugs_.28known_by_me_at_least.29

  The result is not unpredictable: the first wire of the bus is connected
and all the others are floating.

  We should centralize all the known bugs in the bugtracker...