[Ktechlab-devel] Can't compile ktechlab: "error: no matching function for call... "

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Thu Apr 23 13:19:28 UTC 2009

thomas at tgohome.com wrote:
>> Simply use the standard diode and give it whatever reverse breakdown
>> potential you need. ;)
>
> Thanks, I'll try this.
>
> By the way, can components be destroyed in KTechLab? Obviously a
> transistor isn't going to switch 1,000,000 volts, for example, so what
> happens then? Is it the same for the diodes - once you bring them too far
> past their reverse breakdown they kind of tend to explode in real life so
> what happens in the simulation? And I assume that this would need to be
> modified by zeners.

Nope, device limitations are not handled anywhere in the code. =P

Right now there are several simulation bugs demonstrated by the latest
version of my DAC schematic. (simplified considerably by boosting
organization hints from a TDA1545A).

These bugs include the resistor ladder producing insane voltages and the
engine giving up on simulation after the output jfets are driven into a
mode that just doesn't work.

I'd like help charactorizing exactly which jfet modes cause the
simulation to crash.

Speaking of crashes, deleting components sometimes leave loose
connectors on the board, when you try to connect something to them in an
attempt to delete the parts, the program crashes!!! =0

--
New president: Here we go again...
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.