[Ktechlab-devel] Abandoned?

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Tue Sep 16 02:01:34 UTC 2008

Alex Karantza wrote:
> Hi. I'm Alex Karantza, a third year computer engineering student at
> the Rochester Institute of Technology. I've been using KTechlLab off
> and on for a few years, and just heard that there is no active
> maintainer, that the project is being abandoned, and so forth. For me,
> this program has been very educational, entertaining, and useful - and
> I haven't even used much beyond the circuit simulation aspect. I don't
> have a tremendous amount of free time, but I would hate to see this
> project be lost entirely, and I'd like to contribute in any way that I
> can.
>
> I'm proficient in C/C++, among many other languages, and have a decent
> understanding of circuits and electronics. I also have plenty of
> experience hosting web sites, if that would be helpful.
>
> ~Karantza

I sorta took it over. There's a current version in SVN... It seems to be
missing many of the icons but otherwise it works OK. I checked in a
version last night at 2AM... I tried some other stuff today but it
didn't go so great.

There are two or three other people on this list who are actively
working to support ktechlab too. A ton of work remains to be done. =\

--
FAKE candidates; RIGGED machines; Don't vote.
Remember, if there aren't any anti-war candidates, it's not an election.