[Ktechlab-devel] simulator

Celelibi celelibi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 03:38:02 UTC 2008

2008/11/10 Glen <gcanaday at gmail.com>

> If you can write the equation on paper, can you not also write the
> simple steps to solving it?
>
> f(i) is too complex. Write (1/2i * log(i)) instead. log(i) should be
> built-in.. not the whole equation. Improvements to the models shouldn't
> be dependent on improvements to the system as a whole.

My example with f and g was too general.
let  u = i^2 + log(i)

I wish you a very very good luck to solve it.
Actually, you just can't !
The only known ways to solve such an equation are approximations. And the
only I know are numerical approximations.
Knowing how to compute a logarithm and it's reciprocal does not make you
know how to solve equations it appears in.

We don't have to builtin every equation.We just need some general models
that will be able to solve some kind of equations.
For example a linear algebra solver that uses matrix can be used a lot of
time.

Another issue I see with equations inside component definition is
differencial equation. How to write them ? How to solve them ?

Celelibi