[Ktechlab-devel] simulator

Glen gcanaday at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 13:02:06 UTC 2008

Perhaps I should term what I mean an "expression solver," then? It's not
meant to solve differential equations nor anything that complex.

Though anything that can be solved using simple steps shouldn't be too
hard as long as the expression is built with simple components. The
parser itself will be more difficult!

i^2 + log(i) is very much in the range of what I mean. Log functions
have been built into many math libraries for a long time. Every 3D
modeler out there also solves differentials, but that's going a bit far
unless someone else wants to put it in.

Matrix math for linear equations is already in there, I saw. There's
probably an easy way to hook it up so it's accessible from the outside.

- --G