[Ktechlab-devel] bugs from hell...

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Mon Nov 5 09:10:12 UTC 2007

I'm not sure what I did, but suddenly ktechlab has been throwing some
nightmare bugs at me!

First one was one that caused it to crash _BEFORE REACHING MAIN()!!_
It had something to do with the linking against gpsim's command line
library. I took that out of the includes and pressed ahead.

The oscilloscope is now broken but then that's not an immediate issue.

What happens now is that whenever I try to throw a switch or delete a
part, it instantly double-free crashes, -- glibc throws an abort,
destroys the backtrace stack, and then tells me to fix it.

I thought I had isolated the crash... The old matrix class had a 1x1
matrix, when it tried to free that, even though it looked perfect in the
debugger, it would crash.

I thought fine, I was going to replace that anyway, so I put in my
matrix class.

Exact same symptoms even though the code is completely different. All
the pointers and data values look perfect in the debugger but when the
delete call is made, CRASH!!!!

I made a tiny little test program to test the exact same case, it ran
flawlessly, even though the setup looks the same... Something in this
monstrosity must be corrupting something!!! =(((((

I think I'm going to have to revert to a clean SVN version, re-introduce
my build-system fixups and then go into a debugging cycle. This code is
proving to be very delicate. =\

--
Buy Ron Paul's Money! =)
http://www.libertydollar.org/ld/ronpauldollar