[Ktechlab-devel] ktechlab-0.3.7

Jason Lucas jason.lucas7 at ntlworld.com
Mon Jun 18 02:04:17 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-06-17 at 16:09 +0200, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> On Monday 07 May 2007 03:15:11 Jason Lucas wrote:
> > Version 0.3.7 will be based on the current svn including all the bug
> > fixes in the svn plus the support for the FETs and the led bargraph as
> > well as a couple of new patches that have been submitted.
>
> Hello there,
> I've just downloaded today's svn snapshot and created a rpm:
> http://chitlesh.googlepages.com/ktechlab-0.3.69-1.20070617svn.i386.rpm
>
> Wow, i like the FETs support.
> I've tested the examples from the wiki and my own home automation project, i
> found this snapshot stable and I'm eager to move this snapshot to fedora's
> development repositories(aka rawhide) tomorrow.
That's OK with me. I really want to push to get us to 0.3.7 - just to
follow the open source ethos of 'release early, release often'.
Hopefully, a new release will encourage more people to get actively
involved in the KTechLab project. We've had loads of vocal support, but
what we really need is people who can turn their 'vocal' support into
real support by contributing to the code and adding useful information
to the project via the wiki.

> > The new
> > experimental scope will be excluded from this release (unless someone
> > can actually make it work!). It would be great if we could fix the
> > problems with the simulation engine in this release, but I suspect that
> > may take a little longer to resolve.
>
> I don't know how to use this experimental scope. But however, the new value
> implementation on the old scope sounds buggy:
> See:
> http://bp2.blogger.com/_MLRG-hriKN8/RnUrqHzz31I/AAAAAAAAAOQ/6wP4BDihtPA/s1600-h/ktechlab.png
> It is not incremented as should be.
I've not noticed that problem. The code was submitted by 'xvart' on the
tracker. The code simple displays the timings produced by the old scope
code, which seems to suggest a problem with the scope code rather that
'xvart's code.

> And the icon for the Bar Graph display is missing.

I added an icon for the Bar Graph display to the SVN a couple of weeks
ago. Bear in mind that the the program refers to the graphics file in
the install path, not the working path of an svn build. Either do a
'make install'  after compilation, or copy the bar graph icon file
(bar_graph_display.png) to the installed version directory.