[Ktechlab-devel] troubles: p type jfet

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at waeckerlin.de
Sun Jun 17 20:33:08 UTC 2007

Hello there,
At gate-source cut off voltage, Vgs(off) (which you call threshold voltage in
ktechlab) the drain current,Id should become zero. However it isn't the case.

see attached: p-type.circuit

But the n-type jfet simulates its input/output characteristics properly.

To my guess, in today's svn snapshot, ktechlab allows the _same_ circuit for
n-type and p-type jfets (except the sign of the drain current is
automatically set,which is good).

see attached : jfet_characteristics.circuit

Generally, a p-channel JFET operates in the same manner as an n-channel JFET
except that channel current carriers will be holes instead of electrons and
the polarities of Vgs and Vds are reversed.

In my jfet_characteristics.circuit, one can see the polarities of Vgs and Vds
are _NOT_reversed for both cases.

regards,
Chitlesh