KStars v3.5.0 Release Date?

Hy Murveit murveit at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 21:37:58 GMT 2020

Eric,

I would add to your list:

- KStars Handbook (review update sections to reflect 3.5.0) and finally
(perhaps manually if necessary) put the latest handbook online.

- Review the extraction settings. I spent a bit of time looking at the
default HFR settings, and based on some experimentation (truth be told,
with a limited amount of data) adjust things a little differently than my
first guess (which was basically focus' settings).
*Rob*: My intuition is that I should adjust the default StellarSolver
star-extraction settings for Focus and Guide as well in
stellarsolverprofile.cpp
<https://invent.kde.org/education/kstars/-/blob/f952564f40ac7e01c2ba382889b1b4f1048b12e1/kstars/ekos/auxiliary/stellarsolverprofile.cpp#L19>.
I don't know whether you've already verified them, and want to release them
as they are, or whether they are a first shot and you'd welcome adjustment?

Also, Eric, I suppose I should be adding these things here:
https://invent.kde.org/education/kstars/-/issues
Is that right? Sorry about that--ok, after this thread ;) But seriously,
your email is a good summary, and from that link
it doesn't seem as easy to see which are "must do by 3.5.0" and which are
"nice to have someday".
A 3.5.0 punchlist would be a nice thing to have.

Hy