KStars v3.5.0 Release Date?

Eric Dejouhanet eric.dejouhanet at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 20:58:26 GMT 2020

Hello,

Where do we stand now in terms of bugfixing towards 3.5.0?

- StellarSolver has all features in, and 1.5 is finally out at Jasem's PPA.
- However Gitlab CI still complains about that lib package (see
https://invent.kde.org/education/kstars/-/jobs/75941)
- Unitary tests are being fixed progressively, mount tests are down to
~20 minutes (yeees!)
- From my tests, the remote Astrometry INDI driver is not usable
anymore from Ekos.
- The issue raised with flat frames is confirmed fixed (at least by me).
- Meridian flip is OK (but I had not enough time to test TWO flips in a row).
- Memory leaks are still being researched in Ekos.
- There is an issue when duplicating an entry in a scheduler job,
where the sequence associated is copied from the next job.

Could we get a 3.6 branch where we will merge development of new features?
And master for bugfixing 3.5.x until we merge 3.6 new features in?
(we'd still have to port bugfixes from master to 3.6)
I don't think the opposite, master for 3.6 and a separate living
3.5.x, is doable in the current configuration (build, ppas, MRs...).

--
-- eric.dejouhanet at gmail.com - https://astronomy.dejouha.net