KMyMoney Digest, Vol 155, Issue 3 - Unable to close a Share/Equity account

Michael Calder michaelcalder at iinet.net.au
Sun Nov 19 13:51:37 GMT 2023

G'day again,

And thanks for your replies and help.

I have found HOW to open the Database - RTFM 😳

BUT - 1. It is a DB;*SQLCipher Version 3 (encrypted SQLite)*
and I do not have a PASSWORD. The file was Created on 28/07/2010, 13 years ago!
I do not recall ever creating a PW and although I have earlier recorded PWs on a
PW protected file created 2018 which I managed to "remember" (fluke) the PW there is
nothing that works on my DB. Was there ever a default PW?

2. Regarding the stock split transaction, I think I did that before I did the fiddle of
the original 1802 to 1803 but will do another delete of the split and then re-enter the details.

I deleted the split entry and also the original Buy 1802 which was an Off Market Transfer when the stock,
which I had inherited from my mother some years previously, was transferred into Joint names.
(Comment:The transfer generated capital gains on which Tax was paid; so all done legally)
I then shut down the computer - waited and restarted - and then re-entered an Off Market transfer Buy
for 1803 on 29/7/2002 and the 1 for 3 split of 601 on 25/2/2011.

The "books" all balance and the stock now shows Value $0.00 and Quantity 0, as it should.
Unfortunately Right Click on the stock in Investments - Equities still has "Close account' greyed out.

To prove KMyMoney is all OK I did a Sell (all) on another stock I will be selling soon and had no
problem Closing the account and then Reopen account and cancelling the Sell.

Any more ideas on how to look inside the Database.

Mike.