Unable to close a Share/Equity account - SOLVED

Michael Calder michaelcalder at iinet.net.au
Thu Nov 23 05:40:55 GMT 2023

G'day Thomas, Jack and the list,

Apologies for, I suspect, not posting correctly but problem solved.

Looking at the documentation from the "broker"/CHESS Sponsor I saw that they advised thus:

25 Feb 11*Adjustment*  due to Reconstruction of Capital (Balance) 1802,*(Off) 1201*, (Balance) 601.

Focussing on the word OFF I decided to try Remove Shares (1201) instead of Split 1 for 3.

BINGO! When I went to INVESTMENTS the stock/Equity showed Value - $0.00, Quantity - 0.
AND Close account was now an option in the Account drop down. Account is now closed.

I don't understand the subtleties of what I did but it was a "cashless" transaction.
May be there needs to be a modification in the The KMyMoney Handbook - for KMyMoney version 5.0.

Anyway, problem solved and thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Mike.

Michael Calder