Transfers to accounts and the budget

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Nov 24 14:14:30 GMT 2023

Hello Joanne,

sorry for the delay.

This is a tricky one. Transfers are usually not covered
by the budget process because they are not income nor expense.

Some users wanted to have payments to their loan-accounts
(principal) seen as expenses in the budget. This would probably
cover your use case. This feature is available in the current
development version of the project. Not knowing which version
and which operating system you are using it is hard to provide
more details how to get a hold of it.

Another feature that was developed in the meantime is to create
a budget report calculating a running sum. Say you budget $200
each month and only spent $180 in the first, then in the next
month you should see an adjusted budget of $220.

The second feature could also be of help when you simply budget
$200 on furniture but don't spend any of it at all. Hence you
would see $2400 at the end of the year and you can do some
Christmas shopping.

I hope that provides some thoughts. Let us know about your
computing environment and we may help you how to get an
updated version.

Thomas