kmymoney-5.1-479 appimage and later hang at tips window.

Harry G McGavran Jr w5pny at w5pny.com
Mon May 15 04:50:03 BST 2023

>For now, please respond to my other message - exactly what window(s)
>do
>you see, and when KMM "hangs" is any KMM window visible?  Do you
>actually see the tips (tip of the day?) window? That was removed some
>time ago (I'll have to check the git log for exactly when) so
>something
>funny is going on if you are actually seeing it.

The ONLY window I get is the KMM startup splash window that appears
for a few seconds and then disappears. It looks normal. If I have the
tips window turned on, I get that, but the background in the tips
window never completes. There are no other windows that ever appear.
But with the tips windows disabled, I ONLY get the splash for a few
seconds and that's all no matter how long I wait.

I did a second strace on using "-n" and it is smaller.

The gzipped strace logs are:

-rw-rw-r--  1 hgm hgm      279140 May 14 21:47 strace.log.gz

-rw-rw-r--  1 hgm hgm      220253 May 14 21:47 strace2.log.gz