kmymoney-5.1-479 appimage and later hang at tips window.

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Mon May 15 20:25:17 BST 2023

On 5/14/23 23:50, Harry G McGavran Jr via KMyMoney wrote:
>> For now, please respond to my other message - exactly what window(s)
>> do
>> you see, and when KMM "hangs" is any KMM window visible?  Do you
>> actually see the tips (tip of the day?) window? That was removed some
>> time ago (I'll have to check the git log for exactly when) so
>> something
>> funny is going on if you are actually seeing it.
> The ONLY window I get is the KMM startup splash window that appears
> for a few seconds and then disappears. It looks normal. If I have the
> tips window turned on, I get that, but the background in the tips
> window never completes. There are no other windows that ever appear.
> But with the tips windows disabled, I ONLY get the splash for a few
> seconds and that's all no matter how long I wait.
>
> I did a second strace on using "-n" and it is smaller.
>
> The gzipped strace logs are:
>
> -rw-rw-r--  1 hgm hgm      279140 May 14 21:47 strace.log.gz
>

> -rw-rw-r--  1 hgm hgm      220253 May 14 21:47 strace2.log.gz
The tip of the day page will not show up if you start with -n, so I
think the hang happens after that window is launched, but before it gets
fully loaded, but the hang itself is not related to the tips window.  I
probably need to wait until I get home to set up a VM with Ubuntu to see
what it takes to get debuginfod working with the appimage.