Budget and loan's payment of the capital

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 18:02:20 GMT 2023

  I agree with your comment.

What I do for now is that I enter the estimated interests and other
amounts in their respective categories, and for the purpose of the
budget exercise, I created a "fake" category named "BUDGET - Mortgage
payments" and add the amount in this category for the budget...

The only issue is when I produce a report for actual VS budget, they
are off by the amount paid to my loans......

I suggest you search the bug tracker to see if there's already a
request for such feature and if not create a ticket to track this
feature proposal...

Quoting Philippe Debrabant via KMyMoney <kmymoney at kde.org>:

> Hi all,
>
>   I just created my first budget and I don't know how to add the
> loan reimbursement.
>
>   The loans reimbursement amounts are very important in a budget (I
> think) and should be presented.
>
>   In my case, each withdrawal transaction is split :
>

>   *    payment of the capital
>   *    loan's interests
>   *    loan's insurance
>
>   Loan's interests and loan's insurance are normal categories, so
> they are showed in the budget, but for the payment of the capital
> there is nothing I can use. So, to know if my budget is safe for
> this year, I need to calculate and add manually the total amount of
> capital payment to the expense. Not funny.
>
>   Not found any help in the documentation.
>
>   What do you think about that ?
>
>   Regards !

  Louis-Philippe Allard
lp.allard.1 at gmail.com