OFX Configuration: was Bank of Scotland and Wise

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Feb 13 16:40:11 GMT 2023

On 2/13/23 10:07, mh--- via KMyMoney wrote:
> On Sonntag, 12. Februar 2023 21:27:18 CET Jack via KMyMoney wrote:
>> [snip ....]
> Ok, got it.
> And I followed your advice to reinstall the program.
> Now the menu items "Konto zuordnen" (Map account) and "Kontenzuordnung
> löschen" (Unmap account) are existing.
So something had gotten corrupted and reinstalling fixed it.
>> New question:  what kind of account are you trying to map, and what
>> View are you on when you try to map the account?  In order to map an
>> account, KMyMoney needs to know which account you want to map.  For the
>> main Account menu, I just realized that it will be all disabled (you
>> can see the items, but all will be gray and not clickable) because no
>> account has been selected.  If you display the ledger for an account,
>> the all the actions on the "Accounts" menu will refer to that account.
>> Another way would be to display the Accounts view, and Right Click an
>> account to get a pop up context menu with all the relevant choices.
> I tried to map my account (Konto) at the Bank of Scotland.
When I asked what type of account, I meant savings or checking or
something else.  The process is the same for any of them.
> Now that the menu items exist, they also are available and I was able to map
> the account to the bank named Bank of Scotland.
> I also created a user with Offline-Backend and an account in aqbanking.
> Was that correct?
I'm in the US, and I only use the libofx backend, and since I compile it
myself, I don't even have aqbanking installed, so some of this is what i
know from other discussions and emails.  When you map an account, it
should ask which backend (online provider) you wish to use.  You only
need to configure one of them for an account. Once you enter (or select
from the list) the details for the bank, it should log into the bank and
retrieve the list of available accounts.  Once you choose which bank
account to map your KMyMoney account to, KMyMoney should remember it.
Then you should be able to use the Account/Update menu to actually
download transactions.  I'm not sure what the Offline-Backend is
(perhaps it is specific to aqbanking) but I don't think you need it.

In most cases, once you have successfully mapped the account, you should
be able to "Update account..." and retrieve transactions. However, some
banks require extra steps, such as enabling that feature through the
website.  Rather than list all the possible problems I am aware of, I'd
say just try to update the account, and let us know if you get any
errors, or if it works.