Update Stock And Currencies Fails

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 01:59:00 BST 2023

  Quoting Jack via KMyMoney <kmymoney at kde.org>:

> On 2023.04.19 18:54, David Dembrow via KMyMoney wrote:
>> Today my daily update of stock prices failed.  Is there an update to
>> the online quote source that I need to fix?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> ---d.dembrow
>
> Not that I know of, but you really need to provide more information
> before anyone can even begin to guess what your problem is.
> What version are you running, and what OS/Distribution?
> When did it last work (I assume yesterday since you say daily, but want
> to be sure.)
> What (if anything) else changed on your PC since yesterday?
> Please elaborate on "failed."  Did you get any error message?  If not,
> please try running from command line/console, as there may be error or
> warning messages produced there that you won't see in the GUI.Thanks.

I agree with Jack.  It is not answerable as it is....  Provide more
information on your setup at least:

KMM version
Which online source is failing
The websites you're using
One of the failing tickers
The actual error messages
If you are on Linux sometimes I run KMM from CLI to see if it outputs
errors... Try it if you can.

Its been known to happen, sites change their web layout or the way
they provide data and regexes need a cleanup.
  Louis-Philippe Allard
lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Sent using Horde Groupware on GNU/Linux