Update Stock And Currencies Fails

David Dembrow ddembrow at ix.netcom.com
Thu Apr 20 15:31:24 BST 2023

Sorry, I should have known better. Here is some additional details.

Version 5.1.3 Operating System Linux/Fedora 37
The update to stock prices appeared to work 18-April and failed
19-April.  I know of nothing that changed other than the operating
system updates that appear daily with fedora.

The failure happens when I attempt to update all stock prices.  The
status message is:

Fetching URL
https://query1.finance.yahoo.com/v7/finance/quote?fields=regularMarketPrice&symbols=ABBV...

Identifier found: ''

Unable to update price for ABBV (no price or no date)

I recall a change in the past that yahoo finance did and the correction
was made with a New Quote Source and the following details - much off
which I do not understand how it works but it worked:

URL
https://query1.finance.yahoo.com/v7/finance/quote?fields=regularMarketPrice&symbols=%1
CSV URL
Identifier
Identify by Symbol
Price "regularMarketPrice":((\d+|\d{1,3}(?:[,]\d{3})).\d+)
Date "regularMarketTime":([\d]+)
Date Format
Strip HTML Stripping checked

I notice no messages in the command line attempting to update all stock
prices.

Thanks for the support!

Regards,
---d.dembrow