Trying to add Kyndryl to my investments

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Sep 2 21:43:57 BST 2022

On 9/2/22 16:03, Bob Ewart via KMyMoney wrote:
> Last November IBM sold off Kyndryl Holdings and gave me some shares in
> it on 2021-11-08.  I got a dividend from them on 2021-11-10.  That
> added the stock to my list of securities but not to the equities for
> that brokerage when I updated it via importing an ofx file.
If it added a security, that security had to be related to some existing
equity.  (Note that security account are within a given Investment
Account an equities are global for KMM, not related to any brokerage or
other account or institution.)  It's possible it will take looking into
the uncompressed .kmy file for a definitive answer, but hopefully we can
resolve the issue without needing to do that.

> I tried to "add" it to the equities for the brokerage.  It asked me if
> I wanted to use the symbol already on file.  I said Yes. The Online
> Source defaults to Stooq. Clicking on Finish crashed KMyMoney.  I
> changed the online source  to Yahoo which was accepted, but didn't
> show up in the list of equities.
That crash is a problem, but I'm not certain if it has been reported or
not - that will take a review of existing bugs.  You definitely do want
to say "yes" to that question.  What I don't understand is how you can
possibly edit a security without it showing up in the list of equities.
One thing you might try is to edit the name of the security.  Then you
can look for that new name under the equity list.

> I tried again saying No I didn't want to reuse the symbol on file and
> misspelled the name.  Still didn't show up in the list of equities.
Again, if you created a new security, I don't see how it can possible
not show up on the list of equities.  While I don't think it should
matter, does it show up if you click "Show all accounts" (under the View
menu?)

> Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted.
>
> --
> Bob

Let us know if any of these suggestions help.