Trying to add Kyndryl to my investments

Bob Ewart bob-ewart at bobsown.com
Sat Sep 3 02:02:50 BST 2022

On 9/2/22 16:43, Jack via KMyMoney wrote:
> On 9/2/22 16:03, Bob Ewart via KMyMoney wrote:
>> Last November IBM sold off Kyndryl Holdings and gave me some shares
>> in it on 2021-11-08.  I got a dividend from them on 2021-11-10.  That
>> added the stock to my list of securities but not to the equities for
>> that brokerage when I updated it via importing an ofx file.
> If it added a security, that security had to be related to some
> existing equity.  (Note that security account are within a given
> Investment Account an equities are global for KMM, not related to any
> brokerage or other account or institution.)  It's possible it will
> take looking into the uncompressed .kmy file for a definitive answer,
> but hopefully we can resolve the issue without needing to do that.
It was added as a result of importing the OFX file from the brokerage
account.

<ACCOUNT type="15" id="A000148" institution="" number=""
lastreconciled="" name="KYNDRYL HOLDINGS INCORP REGISTERE"
opened="2021-11-10" lastmodified="2021-12-15" currency="E000024"
description="" parentaccount="A000082"/>

A000082 is the brokerage account and A000148 is listed as a sub-account.

>> I tried to "add" it to the equities for the brokerage.  It asked me
>> if I wanted to use the symbol already on file.  I said Yes. The
>> Online Source defaults to Stooq. Clicking on Finish crashed
>> KMyMoney.  I changed the online source  to Yahoo which was accepted,
>> but didn't show up in the list of equities.
> That crash is a problem, but I'm not certain if it has been reported
> or not - that will take a review of existing bugs.  You definitely do
> want to say "yes" to that question.  What I don't understand is how
> you can possibly edit a security without it showing up in the list of
> equities.  One thing you might try is to edit the name of the
> security.  Then you can look for that new name under the equity list.
I did check "yes" to send the report.  I did edit the security's name,
but it still isn't showing in the equities list.

>> I tried again saying No I didn't want to reuse the symbol on file and
>> misspelled the name.  Still didn't show up in the list of equities.
> Again, if you created a new security, I don't see how it can possible
> not show up on the list of equities.  While I don't think it should
> matter, does it show up if you click "Show all accounts" (under the
> View menu?)
I did that and it does not show up as an asset under my broker. Both
names are listed under securities; neither are listed under equities.