You have entered mis-matching information. Please backup to the appropriate page and update your figures or leave one value empty to let KMyMoney calculate it for you

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Aug 21 12:51:06 BST 2022

Louis-Philippe,

On Sonntag, 14. August 2022 18:20:33 CEST Louis-Philippe Allard via KMyMoney wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've seen a bit more traffic on the KMM maillist in the last few
> weeks, good to see some action!
>
> I've downloaded the latest AppImage (build 179) and trying to modify a
> mortgage loan settings, KMM wont let me get past the Final
> amortization payment.
>
> I keep deleting the 0.00 value but I keep getting "You have entered
> mis-matching information. Please backup to the appropriate page and
> update your figures or leave one value empty to let KMyMoney calculate
> it for you"

> What I am trying to modify is the term of the loan. I had initially
> entered 1000 payments (the maximum KMM let me select) because the
> program didnt let me use Months or Years (only payments was available
> on the dropdown list) (possibly an old bug that got fixed?).... The
> term of my loan is 25 years so I changed the term to Years and entered
> 25. Now with build 179, I can select Payments, Months or Years in the
> term window.

Payments is usually OK, because the loan information contains the information
as to when the payments are due. If you pay monthly then the number of payments
is 25*12 = 300 payments. Selecting months or years is just a different way
of getting to the number of payments for KMyMoney.

> How do I get past this step short if destroying the loan entirely and
> recreating it from scratch.

This message usually is shown, when the entered values do not match.
Make sure, that one of the values you see before you press the
"Calculate" button remains empty. If none of the fields is empty,
all the information must match. This seems not to be the case for you.

> Also, Thomas is very likely aware but the AppImages bullds have been
> failing since #179 which was 25 days ago.

It's failing because a required library is failing to build. We are trying
to push the respective project (libofx).

There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who
understand binary arithmetic and those who don't.