basic qif questions

Anil F Duggirala anilduggirala at fastmail.fm
Sun Aug 21 11:09:32 BST 2022

hello everyone,

I have a couple of questions regarding qif import into my checking account.
I created the account a couple of weeks ago and only added the opening
balance. I would now like to import the transactions that have happened since
that time, is it possible to do this with QIF?
I was able to export the transactions in my desired date range from my bank.
However, the exported qif shows its own Opening balance, which is equal to my
current balance (balance at last date exported). Does that mean I should not
have created the account initially and should just import the qif?
However, the date format is really weird and I just don't know if this file is
correct (year is being imported as 2002 instead of 2022).
!Type:Bank
	D08/12'22
	T6,299,147.58
	CX
	POpening Balance
	L[726-928049-08]
	^
D8/20' 2
	T8.70
	MABONO INTERESES AHORROS
	^
D8/20' 2
	T-35,000.00
	MCOMPRA EN  TAX BELALC
	^
D8/20' 2
	T-197,000.00
	MCOMPRA EN  JUAN GABRI
	^
D8/20' 2
	T3,349,431.47
	MTRANSF INTERNACIONAL RECIBIDA
	^
D8/18' 2
	T4.49
	MABONO INTERESES AHORROS
	^
D8/18' 2
	T-100,000.00
	NMUNICIPIO DE SA
	MRETIRO CAJERO  MUNICIPIO DE SA
	^

Can anyone confirm if this file is correct?
If I already have an account, that has a name that is different to
"726-928049-08", how would I import these transactions into that account?

How do I access the QIF Importer options?

thank you,