Performance

Nathan M. Murray nmurray at pm.me
Sat Jan 9 21:55:04 GMT 2021

I have been using Kmymoney for my current dataset since 2015.  I am using the XML storage option at the moment.  I also am using GPG to encrypt the file.

Since v. 5 I have noticed a lag of 10 - 30 sec when opening and saving the file.  Not sure if this is due to the GPG aspect or dataset size (805.6 kb).  Currently using v. 5.1.0 (Pop_OS).

File details:  12,511 Transactions, Splits 23,849, Schedules 25, Prices 435.

When does the performance decrease with XML and increase with SQL?  I understand SQL doesn't support GPG at this time.

With Regards,

Nathan Murray