KBanking Version 5.0.8 unter openSUSE Leap

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Nov 5 15:37:23 GMT 2020

On Donnerstag, 5. November 2020 15:17:43 CET Michael Berger wrote:

> Dear KMM users,
>
> I am using KMyMoney - latest available Version 5.0.7 - with Mageia since
> years and everything works just great!
>
> Now my son too wants to use KBanking Version 5.0.8. with openSUSE Leap
> 15.x but is told "Add HBCI/FinTs online banking to KMyMoney".
>
> I found that quite a number of Volksbank Branches offer a switch to
> HBCI/FinTs while our Volksbank Mittelhessen Giessen does not (yet?).
> When calling their special department and asking what to do I was told
> that everything is taken care of already by them and I had nothing to
> do. But I should contact the developers of KMM to find out what is wrong.
>
> I am not sure if my problem was understood by them !? It creeps into my
> mind that either they did not understand what I was talking about or I
> am completely blind.
>
> Anybody out there sharing my problem? Proposing what to do? What am I
> doing wrong?
>
> Thomas, I know that you are using openSUSE. If you use version 5.0.8 ,
> does it work?

Don't know. I don't use 5.0.8 anymore for a long time - more of a natural
thing of any developer to use his own software in the latest and greatest
state (which is 5.1.0+, where + means all patches available in git).

The problem is, that for HBCI/FinTS you need aqbanking and gwenhywfar installed.
Are they available? Does the KBanking plugin get loaded/is enabled? Is that
meant by he is told "Add HBCI/FinTs online banking to KMyMoney"?

What is the output that is shown when you start KMyMoney on the command line?
Can you share that here on the list?

Hope that helps to get started/get us a bit more information for troubleshooting.

"Das Runde muss ins Eckige" oder anders gesagt: ich geh' jetzt ins Bett!