bundled workspaces need to showcase more variety

Ghevan ghevan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 02:32:58 UTC 2014

Hi,

I know most of us tweak krita's interface to adapt to our workflows. And
the good thing about the workspaces is that it can be adapted to many
"tasks". This is great, but it can take a while to new users to start
moving dockers freely as it gives the impression you will end up hiding
something important.

Some of the problems with current bundled workspaces is that they fail to
show the user how great and diverse the workspaces can be set up to work in
Krita.

I attach a tar with some of the workspaces I've setup for my use. I''m not
sure how they will work in other screen sizes and/or if they include common
workflow needs (For example I normally hide presets docker as I use the
popup from the top). But they are bit more diverse and could help get some
ideas to setup new ones.

They include a Painting workspace (left and right), a composite, a shape
editor, a compact (sort of compact) and one revolving the idea of the
reference docker.

Share some of yours. The idea is to find better default workspaces with a
few task oriented ones that help new users get the idea of using workspaces
to fasten the production of their work.

You could of course use the ones attached, but I'm not sure they will work
on every screen.

-IvanYossi-