bundled workspaces need to showcase more variety

Timothée Giet animtim at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 10:37:06 UTC 2014

Hi Ghevan,

Thanks for sharing your workspaces ideas.
I'm always looking for new task-specific sets of dockers to improve
default set of workspaces.

I can see some good ideas:
-Painting L and R grouping the tools with other dockers can improve
workflow, cool.
-Reference L and R are nice to have enough space for the reference.
-Shape modify has snap settings docker that's missing from the default
VectorHD and SD, I take note ;)

However there are a few issues in my opinion:
-I think really too different dockers organisations (like the
Compact_left for example) are not very good idea as it makes it a lot
less consistent, and may confuse the user (at least I personnally find
it confusing).
-Also something I noticed with "weird" dockers placement, is although
they  can work, they can introduce annoying issues when resizing the
window, making it suddenly bigger than the screen.

So soon I'll update the default set with improved painting and Vector
workspaces, and add reference ones.

For anyone who wants to propose some changes or add some workspaces to
default set, here are some notes about the current set:

-The default one is the same old one..

-PaintingHD has only dockers related to paintings, and is meant for big
screens.
-PaintingSD has same set of dockers but more condensed to fit in smaller
screens. (meaning: tools docker with two columns mandatory, and not more
than two dockers area vertically)
-Same rule for VectorHD and SD, but with dockers related to vector shape
work

-PaintingHD_2panels is the same usecase  as PaintingHD but only to show
one can use left panel for dockers too.
(It may not be needed to keep it after we add the reference ones which
show this too but have a more specific usecase.)

Timothée