[off-topic] Re: desktop icons with relative path to .desktop file

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Thu Jun 8 13:45:51 BST 2023

Hi Ralf,

On Sat, 03 Jun 2023 09:47:26 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <kde.lists at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2023-06-03 at 06:25 +0000, Duncan wrote:
> > "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master --
> > and if you use the program, he is your master."  Richard Stallman
>
> The software market has changed significantly. In reality, some
> companies have recognized the gap in the market and are therefore
> adapting software to their customers' wishes and this for inexpensive
> software that you only have to pay for once. "The customer is always
> right." To date, in many areas there is no free software that meets
> professional standards, and even if it were, many free software
> developers are far worse than the proprietary software developers
> described by Mr. Stallman. We aren't living in the 80s or 90s anymore.
> Wake up!

Please see
https://www.shlomifish.org/philosophy/computers/open-source/not-trust-non-FOSS/
. Morreover: 1] you can fork FOSS whose devs you dislike. 2] code that isn't
public tends to deteriorate innto a non-salvagable mess,.

--

Shlomi Fish       https://www.shlomifish.org/
https://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/Can-I-SCO-Now/ - “Can I SCO Now?”

My opinions may seem crazy but they all make sense. Insane sense, but sense
nonetheless.
    — https://www.shlomifish.org/humour.html