On "gardening" code reviews

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Feb 17 19:45:19 GMT 2023

El dijous, 16 de febrer de 2023, a les 21:55:41 (CET), AnnoyingRains va
escriure:
> Hey Luigi,
>
> Thanks for the feedback! The stale MR closing has been a thing for a while,

There's 2 different of stale MR:

1) Some KDE reviewer has asked for something to be improved in the MR and the
author of the MR did not follow up

2) No one has reviewed the MR

1 is possibly fine to close (after some prudential heads up time), the author
lost interest, that's life.

2 SHOULD NEVER EVER BE CLOSED. If you are doing that STOP NOW.

> just not particularly active, as I was waiting for my developer account
> application to be approved so I could properly label MRs (which does help
> with visibility!)

Why do you need a label, the stale MRs are all nicely collected at
https://invent.kde.org/teams/gardening/gitlab/-/issues

It's not that they don't have visibility, it's that we lack reviewer power/
time.

Cheers,
  Albert