D29547: KRun: deprecate all static 'run*' methods, with full porting instructions

Ahmad Samir noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun May 10 17:20:06 BST 2020

ahmadsamir added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

I don't think you want both @deprecated?

> krun.h:229
>       */
> -    KIOWIDGETS_DEPRECATED_VERSION(5, 6, "Use KRun::runApplication(const KService &, const QList<QUrl> &, QWidget *, RunFlags, const QString &, const QByteArray &")
> +    KIOWIDGETS_DEPRECATED_VERSION(5, 6, "Use KIO::ApplicationLauncherJob, see API docs for a code sample")
>      static bool run(const KService &service, const QList<QUrl> &urls, QWidget *window,

You meant "5, 71"

> krun.h:369
>       * @return @c true on success, @c false on error
> -     * @deprecated since 5.31, use runUrl() with RunFlags instead.
> +     * @deprecated since 5.31, use OpenUrlJob instead.
> +     * @code

But OpenUrlJob is in 5.71 not 5.31? people will be reading that on api.kde.org not only in 5.71 header files, right?
maybe:
@deprecated since 5.31
Since 5.71, use OpenUrlJob instead.

> krun.h:380
>       */
> -    KIOWIDGETS_DEPRECATED_VERSION(5, 31, "Use KRun::const QUrl &, const QString &, QWidget *, RunFlags, const QString &, const QByteArray &")
> +    KIOWIDGETS_DEPRECATED_VERSION(5, 31, "Use KIO::OpenUrlJob, see API docs for a code sample")
>      static bool runUrl(const QUrl &url, const QString &mimetype, QWidget *window,

The same issue 5.31 vs 5.71.

Missing @deprecated.

> krun.h:599
>       */
> -    void slotTimeout(); // KDE5: rename to slotNextStep() or something like that
> +    void slotTimeout();

So, you're keeping the name slotTimout? I guess after 5-10 years, no point changing it :)

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO