D29547: KRun: deprecate all static 'run*' methods, with full porting instructions

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun May 10 18:04:45 BST 2020

dfaure marked 2 inline comments as done.
dfaure added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ahmadsamir wrote in krun.h:216
> I don't think you want both @deprecated?

I did, but Friedrich had a less confusing suggestion:

@deprecated since 5.6. Since 5.71 use ApplicationLauncherJob, otherwise runApplication instead.

> ahmadsamir wrote in krun.h:229
> You meant "5, 71"

No, we want this method to be deprecated since 5.6.

> ahmadsamir wrote in krun.h:369
> But OpenUrlJob is in 5.71 not 5.31? people will be reading that on api.kde.org not only in 5.71 header files, right?
> maybe:
> @deprecated since 5.31
> Since 5.71, use OpenUrlJob instead.

Right, same A->B->C problem here.

I'll use the same solution.

> ahmadsamir wrote in krun.h:380
> The same issue 5.31 vs 5.71.

Same thing. Whatever the text is, the important bit is that this warns when asking for deprecation warnings ">= 5.31"

> ahmadsamir wrote in krun.h:452
> Missing @deprecated.

Well spotted.

> ahmadsamir wrote in krun.h:599
> So, you're keeping the name slotTimout? I guess after 5-10 years, no point changing it :)

I'm going to deprecate the whole KRun class, so this TODO is irrelevant.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO