D27452: KCModule remove queued call to changed(false). Broke ConfigModule KCM

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Feb 17 11:45:33 GMT 2020

davidedmundson added a comment.

  I found out why this was added.  7e4b9688d52f55828ba4a5b82e9d8fe5b1a5ff94 <https://phabricator.kde.org/R446:7e4b9688d52f55828ba4a5b82e9d8fe5b1a5ff94>

  In 2008 things changed to being loaded in the showEvent

  Many people blindly connecting to widgets changing in the constructor so when we deferred called load() they're going to change.

  This led to some KCMs signalling they changed prematurely so random hacks were "strategically placed" (sic)

  ----

  I'm still very positive this is technically right.
  Whether it'll cause any breakages is another story.  For system settings it is a problem if they signal they are changed when they are not as we get an annoying "there are unsaved changes" prompt.

REPOSITORY
  R265 KConfigWidgets