D28901: Add KIO::StatRecursiveSize detail value so kio_trash only does this on demand

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Apr 17 09:55:21 BST 2020

dfaure added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> meven wrote in global.h:323
> I don't think we should assume that, it defeats quite the purpose.
> For instance even if we the ioslave gets the filename or type for its needs it may just not include it in the UDSEntry if StatBasic was not passed.

There are bugs in the current kio_file implementation if StatBasic isn't set.

  mode_t type = 0;
  if (details & KIO::StatBasic) {
      ... code that sets type ...
  }
  if (details & KIO::StatAcl) {
      appendACLAtoms(targetPath, entry, type); // oops type is 0
  }

Hmm I thought I saw more, but now I don't see more (must have been fixed meanwhile). If you fix the bug I'm happy to remove the comment, LOL.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO