question on referring to deceased contributors

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Dec 22 23:50:42 GMT 2023

El dijous, 21 de desembre de 2023, a les 19:54:54 (CET), Jack Ostroff va
escriure:
> Good afternoon all,

Good afternoon.

> While updating the KMyMoney handbook, there are several sections
> written by a contributor who is deceased.

That is sad news :(

> While I still want to give
> him credit for the work, I'm wondering what to do with his email
> address, which is obviously no longer valid.  Should I just replace the
> address with "Deceased"?  Is there any policy or history of what to do
> here?

I'm not sure this list is the best to answer this, adding in copy the KDE eV
board in case they know about any such policy.

Now i'm going into total guessing territory and just my opinion territory:
 * If the email was added as a way to add contact or give "visibility", just
remove it
 * If the email was added as some way to do copyright claim, as far as I
understand the copyright passed to after his death, so that person should be
listed, or contacted and convinced to sign the KDE FLA on behalf of the
deceased person? https://ev.kde.org/rules/fla/

Cheers,
  Albert