question on referring to deceased contributors

Jack Ostroff ostroffjh at aya.yale.edu
Thu Dec 21 18:54:54 GMT 2023

Good afternoon all,

While updating the KMyMoney handbook, there are several sections
written by a contributor who is deceased.  While I still want to give
him credit for the work, I'm wondering what to do with his email
address, which is obviously no longer valid.  Should I just replace the
address with "Deceased"?  Is there any policy or history of what to do
here?

This also brought up a different question for me - in KMyMoney's
index.docbook there are a number of entities for authors with a comment
that they have been added to contributor.entities in svn.  I just
looked at contributor.entities in git, and I do not see all of these.
Might I be looking in the wrong place, or did the conversion from svn
to git (how long ago?) possibly not include all defined author
entities?  At worst, I suppose I can just add them now, and continue to
leave them in index until our minimum version required by KMyMoney is
sufficient to include  them.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Jack