Preparations of KDE 4.0 Snapshot 1

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Fri Aug 11 17:14:00 BST 2006

On Friday 11 August 2006 16:26, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > - How far are the API's of Phonon, Plasma, Solid?
>
> Phonon has been merged, the rest is still experimental afaik

The API of Phonon is far enough to be used, but almost guaranteed to break
source compatibility until 4.0.
For Phonon I'd like to see both applications using the frontend API and people
implementing backends. A developer doing that really should get in touch with
me as I want to know where the APIs and dox need more work.

> > - Where's the documentation for various parts (Phonon, Plasma, Solid,
> > Dbus, CMake, ...)?
>
> http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/cvs-api/kdelibs-apidocs/phon
>on/html/namespacePhonon.html

The API dox are outdated on developer.kde.org. :-( A better version is
available at the EBN:
http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/apidocs/apidox-kde-4.0/kdelibs-apidocs/phonon/html/index.html

--
C'ya