Preparations of KDE 4.0 Snapshot 1

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Fri Aug 11 15:26:57 BST 2006

On Friday 11 August 2006 10:08, Sebastian Kügler wrote:

> - How far are the API's of Phonon, Plasma, Solid?

Phonon has been merged, the rest is still experimental afaik

http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/cvs-api/kdelibs-apidocs/phonon/html/namespacePhonon.html

> - Where's the docs "Getting started with KDE4 development"?

there are only wiki pages.

> - What does it do well already?

it can be started and exited, and most apps crash.

> - What exciting stuff is in there?

it uses D-Bus and Qt 4.

> - IRC and other support channels dedicated to KDE4 development?

There are no support channels, but KDE 4 developers hang out on irc.kde.org,
#kde4-devel. I'm not sure if we want to put it right in front of the
announcement though.

Dirk