Croatian translation

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 12:08:07 GMT 2022

Hi Igor and welcome!

A previous person wanted to also start working on it but I'm not sure
they've done anything:
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/gcompris-devel/2022-May/006153.html

@Darko Topolsek <darko.topolsek at gmail.com> can you give a status, if you
started or not, to know if Igor has to start from scratch?
Igor, if there is no answer, consider to start from scratch :).

Feel free to ask if you have any question.

-- other information that is not in the previous mail:
We have a page in the wiki for the use of each file:
https://gcompris.net/wiki/How_to_translate#Current_status_of_the_translation

   - gcompris-qt.po is the main one, corresponding to the strings displayed
   in the application.
   - gcompris_lang.po is the set of words used in several activities for
   vocabulary such as lang, hangman... The corresponding images can be found
   in this page <https://gcompris.net/incoming/lang/words.html>.
   - gcompris._desktop_.po are translations used to integrate into
   application menus of desktop environments.
   - org.kde.gcompris.appdata.po is translations that will be used by other
   applications/websites to display information about GCompris:
   https://apps.kde.org/gcompris/.
   - gcompris_voices.po is a helper for people providing voices
   <https://gcompris.net/wiki/Voice_translation_Qt> to write down the
   spoken text and have update if intro text changes.

   - gcompris-net.po is the translation of the website
   <https://gcompris.net>. It is useless to translate the website if the
   software itself is not translated.

If you need help compiling GCompris with your translation, feel free to ask
(https://gcompris.net/wiki/Qt_Quick_development_process).
You would need to add in
https://invent.kde.org/education/gcompris/-/blob/master/src/core/LanguageList.qml#L33
the Croatian locale.