[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX & NoMachine Player - Connection Issues

Jonathan Brooks Jon.Brooks at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Oct 16 17:52:58 UTC 2013

Dear Mr Couchman,

I hope you don't mind me contacting you out of the blue, but we are having some problems with FreeNX and I think you might be the person to fix them!

A while ago you posted a solution to the problem of resuming suspended sessions on a server running FreeNX.
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/freenx-knx/2012-July/009695.html

We tried patching against our installed version of nxserver (3.2.0-74-SVN) on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, and the chunks don't seem to line up with the version we have installed. If you have the time and the inclination you can take a look at the attached file where I have added the lines you suggest, but the underlying script looks different to the one you were intended to patch against (I think).

So the question is…..will it work? Like you I am trying to connect from a Mac running NX player and whilst this seems to work fine with the latest NX player (as of today), the not resuming session thing is a real deal-breaker.

Any help/suggestion you can provide would be really appreciated.

Yours,

Jon