[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX & NoMachine Player - Connection Issues

Chris chris at ccburton.com
Tue Oct 22 11:54:29 UTC 2013

freenx-knx-bounces at kde.org wrote on 16/10/2013 18:52:58:

> Dear Mr Couchman,
>
> I hope you don't mind me contacting you out of the blue, but we are
> having some problems with FreeNX and I think you might be the person
> to fix them!

He was, good old Nick !!

> A while ago you posted a solution to the problem of resuming
> suspended sessions on a server running FreeNX.
> http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/freenx-knx/2012-July/009695.html

Yippee

> We tried patching against our installed version of nxserver (3.2.
> 0-74-SVN) on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, and the chunks don't seem to line up
> with the version we have installed.

Not much of a surprise to us . . .

> If you have the time and the
> inclination you can take a look at the attached file where I have
> added the lines you suggest,

Well done, that's the ticket . . .

> but the underlying script looks
> different to the one you were intended to patch against (I think).

The script is mostly the same, except for lots of debug and a few
additions/updates here and there

The portion in question, the listing of running sessions hasn't
changed
so
you should be fine if you patched it accurately

> So the question is…..will it work? Like you I am trying to connect

Should do . . . .

so

Did you test it  then ??? What happened ???

> from a Mac running NX player and whilst this seems to work fine with
> the latest NX player (as of today), the not resuming session thing
> is a real deal-breaker.

When you test your patched script . . .

Can you see a list of running sessions ????
or
are you seeing the empty session list ???

> Any help/suggestion you can provide would be really appreciated.

You're doing fine. just stick with it . . .