[FreeNX-kNX] delete files in a samba-share

olaf olaf-linux at gmx.de
Mon May 17 19:27:26 UTC 2010

Hi!

Is there any known problem with mounted windows-shares in an freeNX-session?
I'm not able to _delete_ _files_ which are _created_ with any user-account in
an nx-session. (folders works)
Files which are created with the same user-accounts in an ssh-session (shell)
are fine, they can deleted by ssh-shell-session and by nx-session.

I mounted the shares of my old WinNT4-server with the /etc/samba/smbfstab of
my FreeNX-server (OpenSuse 11.2):
//Server-IP/Daten$   /testmount        cifs
username=me,password=bla,gid=1000,uid=10001
These are the same settings I use since a long time on my other computers
(OpenSuse, too). The folders have the same rights.

Here is what happened:
I create a file named "test_loeschen_5_nx" in an nx-session.
I create a file named "test_loeschen_5_ssh" in an ssh-shell-session.

-->
server:/aaa_testmount # ls -l
-rwxr-xr-x 1 olaf nx     2 17. Mai 21:03 test_loeschen_5_nx
-rwxr-xr-x 1 olaf nx     4 17. Mai 19:06 test_loeschen_5_ssh

Now I delete these files in the ssh-shell-session. All works fine:
server:/aaa_testmount # rm test_loeschen_5_nx
server:/aaa_testmount # rm test_loeschen_5_ssh
server:/aaa_testmount # ls -l
server:/aaa_testmount #
insgesamt 0

I create two files again:
"test_loeschen_6_nx" in an nx-session.
"test_loeschen_6_ssh" in an ssh-shell-session.

server:/aaa_testmount # ls -l
-rwxr-xr-x 1 olaf nx     2 17. Mai 21:03 test_loeschen_6_nx
-rwxr-xr-x 1 olaf nx     4 17. Mai 19:06 test_loeschen_6_ssh

Now I try to delete these files in an nx-session with dolphin, konqueror.
After this the files are not longer shown in dolphin/konqueror, but the nx-
file is still there, damaged:

server:/aaa_testmount # ls -l
ls: Zugriff auf test_loeschen_5_nx nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht
gefunden
-????????? ? ?       ?      ?             ? test_loeschen_6_nx

Now it is not possible to delete this file on the windows-server, on the
mounted share in the nx-session, on the mounted share in an ssh-shell-session,
... IAfter rebooting the windows-server it is possible to delete the damaged
file with the admin-account on this server. Only this way.

Where is my mistake?

Bye
Olaf