[FreeNX-kNX] usb-pendrives with cifs instead of smbfs?

olaf-linux at gmx.de olaf-linux at gmx.de
Sat Feb 6 09:25:55 UTC 2010

Hi!

My third try with freeNX-installation.

When I start the nomachine-client (tried from 3 computers: thinstation, OpenSuse, Ubuntu), in the session is a popup which tells
"NXServer Message: Info: Share: '//ts_001390002B05/usb failed to mount:
/usr/bin/nxnode: line1353: smbmount: command not found".

When I plug in an usb-pendrive, nothing appears.

I'm able to see the files of one partition of usb-pendrives when I manually write in konqueror / file-manager:  smb://USER@CLIENT-IP/usb.

Samba-server and samba-client are both installed on server and client.
smbfs is not in the actual kernels, so cifs is the operating part.

Server: OpenSuse 11.0 2.6.25.4-8-pae, KDE 3.5.9, freeNX 0.7.2.16 (openSuse rpm-repository), samba-server 3.2.0.18, samba-client 3.2.0.18
On the clients is the actual nomachine-client.

The people at irc #opensuse-de tell me the problem is the missing smbfs.
I have take a look at google and saw that smbfs is not in the kernel since ~2 years, I think. How is it possible to get freeNX/nomachine working with cifs instead of smbfs?

Or any other things I have to do?

Bye
Olaf