[FreeNX-kNX] usb-pendrives with cifs instead of smbfs?

Terje Andersen terander at guard.zapto.org
Sat Feb 6 17:28:53 UTC 2010

On Sat, 06 Feb 2010 10:25:55 +0100
olaf-linux at gmx.de wrote:

> The people at irc #opensuse-de tell me the problem is the missing smbfs.
> I have take a look at google and saw that smbfs is not in the kernel since ~2 years, I think. How is it possible to get freeNX/nomachine working with cifs instead of smbfs?

There should be a setting in the node.conf file where you can set either smbfs or cifs (or both):

SAMBA_MOUNT_SHARE_PROTOCOL

You can find more information about that setting, and all the others (plus more) here:

http://openfacts2.berlios.de/wikien/index.php/BerliosProject:FreeNX_-_node.conf-directives#Chapter_7.6_Services_directives

mount.cifs was supported from 0.7.1 (se here: http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/freenx-knx/2007-October/005959.html)

//Terje

--