[FreeNX-kNX] Keyboard Mappings Continued

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Fri Apr 16 14:08:24 UTC 2010

Nearly right Gregory !!

What you really have to do is run :-

NX (libraries) version 3.3 or later, and

a patched FreeNX /usr/libexec/nx/nxnode (on fedora)

with this :-

cat << EOF > "$USER_FAKE_HOME/.nx/C-$sess_id/options"
nx/nx,${keyboard:+keyboard=$keyboard,}${kbtype:+kbtype=$kbtype,}${kbload:+kbload=$kbload,}${keymap:+keymap=$keymap,}${geometry:+geometry=$geometry,}${client:+client=$client,}${resize:+resize=$resize,}${CACHE}${IMAGES}${PACK}link=$link,nodelay=$nodelay,type=$realtype${clipboard:+,clipboard=$clipboard}${composite:+composite=$composite},cleanup=0,product=LFE/None/LFEN/None,shmem=1,${backingstore:+backingstore=$backingstore,}shpix=1,${ACCEPT}cookie=$proxy_cookie,id=$sess_id,samba=$samba,media=$media${sync:+,sync=$sync}${cups:+,cups=$cups}${keybd:+,keybd=$keybd}${aux:+,aux=$aux}${
http:+,http=$http
}${rdpcolors:+,rdpcolors=$rdpcolors}${rdpcache:+,rdpcache=$rdpcache}${fullscreen:+,fullscreen=1}${menu:+,menu=$menu}:$display
EOF

( from freenx-server-0.7.3-15.fc12 ) in it, around about line 1342.

The bit you need for the mappings is the ${client:+client=$client,}

Which rpms did you install??

The Fedora12 rpms should work . . . .

 . . . . I can't see any Fedora13 ones

http://openfacts2.berlios.de/wikien/index.php/BerliosProject:FreeNX_-_FAQ